Thursday, February 28, 2008

Perspectives...

I missed the contest for last week but I did have a picture that I wanted to enter. For some reason i thought that I had until Wednesday. LOL

Anyway, it is a picture of Connor but it is definitely a perspective picture. And a lesson on the value of cropping a picture, really.

When playing with my camera on Tuesday I took this picture.


Now, I felt that it was a really good picture and still do. But I started to play around with it. The only thing I did was crop it and rotate it. And I ended up with this...

Now, personally, I feel that the cropped and rotated version has much more impact, making it the better of the two pictures.

What do you think? Agree or disagree?

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Agreed! The second one is striking! It's too bad you weren't able to enter it because it certainly fits the contest description (and I probably would have lost some votes...lol) and no one else used a person (close-up like that) for perspective!!

Alycia Hildebrand said...

OMG! Look at those eyes!! What a ladies man!

Jenn M said...

Definitely an awesome perspective shot Lorelei!!! He is so precious!!! I can't wait to see more pics of him!

vivi's mom said...

Wow! I love them both! I actually don't know which one I like better! Definitly a great perspective shot!

Sondra said...

Love them both! But I think I prefer the first one. I just find the second one shortens his face somehow. But those eyes! He's so cute. Makes me want a baby.

Theresa T said...

The second one makes his eyes really stand out-and somehow he just so wise in it too.

M.R. said...

I totally agree!!

What a doll.