Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Attack of the Killer Dandelions!

So, as promised, I do actually have a picture to post that isn't of my son, though I know you're all gaga over him like I am.

~takes a moment to snicker and then preen because he really is adorable~

Ahem... moving right along.

I don't know how things are for the rest of you, but here we're having some serious dandelion issues this year. I hadn't really taken that much notice of it, being a bit goal oriented of late. I mean, I noticed a lot of the yellow blooms but didn't think a lot of it. They eventually turned into the puffballs and I sort of noticed but, again, wasn't really paying much attention.

Then I came home one day and really -looked- at my neighbours lawn.

At least... we think there's a lawn in there somewhere! Can you imagine what it'll look like after a good stiff wind??

3 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW! What's worse is that they'll all go to seed and next year could be worse...ack!
It's a great photo though!! :)

katei371 said...

Oooh, I love the whole field of them!

Theresa T said...

WOW! That is a lot of dandelions! One good wind and they'e flying thorugh the neighbourhood.