Monday, September 9, 2013

Project 10 | September [endings]

So our first theme for our Project 10 was endings. We certainly could have picked an easier theme. Oh, endings sounds easy enough in some respects but I actually found it very difficult. I had a few ideas and tossed them out as just not working. Finally I was flipping through my photo file folder, searching for inspiration when the theme that I went with finally occurred to me.

I love taking pictures of the old buildings on the assorted farm lands in our area. Just the way they're fading away, falling apart, and weathering. The texture and feel of them appeals to me in so many ways. And with endings of our themes, I finally knew what I needed to do for my project 10! Here's hoping that I was successful!

Be sure to head on over to Samantha's Blog to see how she interpreted the theme for this month!












4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the shot of the boat! Awesome shots, Lorelei :)

Samantha said...

The boat is my favourite as well. Love these bold colours. I wish I could find locations like this around here!

Samantha said...

I keep coming back to look at these photos. There is something sadly beautiful about them - just knowing that someone built them once and they had a purpose and maybe even housed a family, and now just left to go to ruin. You can't help but wonder, Who lived in that house? Who rode those bicycles? And where are they now?

Lorelei said...

That's exactly how I feel about them Samantha! I look at them and wonder about their purpose. If I'm feeling particularly melancholy and indulging in some rampant personification, I wonder what they feel, all abandoned and left to fall to pieces.