Thursday, February 10, 2011

Boundary Bay

I go out to Boundary Bay quite often. The dogs have been with me a few times and they love it. I'll admit that if no one is around, I let them off their leash. They have a lot of fun. I just make sure they know I have the biscuits so they come running back when I call. Otherwise I'd be chasing the damned beagle off into... well... the middle of nowhere, no doubt.

Anyway, today I took them and let them have a little run while I got some pictures. One of those pics is my picture of the day, of course.

Morning out over the bay for my pic of the day.



I've mentioned to people recently that we've had a lot of bald eagles down here. By a lot I mean I saw more than twenty today. These were just two of them.


Now... when I was on the other side of the bay, I saw a blue heron with a mouse. I pulled over to take a picture. AS I was pulling over to take the picture, a bald eagle swooped down, scared the heron who dropped the mouse and took off. The eagle then enjoyed the mouse. It was incredible to see. Just wish I could have caught the first part of it with the camera! Of course, that would have had me crashing into something so probably just as well I didn't.



All in all, a very good morning.

No comments: