Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A drive to Point Roberts

I know, I know. A long absence. But seeing as I'm doing a project 365 and taking a picture a day again (every day so far for 2011), I want to use this as well. I'm posting the picture a day on my Facebook but on some days I end up with several pictures that I think are worth sharing.

For example... today I took a drive to Point Roberts. Kind of strange to need my passport to do it when I can remember just zipping across the border with my drivers license. Ah well, the world it does keep changing.

So, today's Project 365 picture. I'm ridiculously proud of this one. You know how sometimes you're going through pictures and you're not sure which one is -the- picture, then one just LEAPS out at you? That was this picture today.


But it was a great day. Nice light. Blue skies this way. Clouds that way. Made for a great variety of pictures.


I like the different textures in this one. The smooth stones, the rippled sand, and the choppy water.


The heron wasn't thrilled with me getting too close. But that's okay, catching him in mid-flight was awesome.


I actually got quite close to him before I apparently made a noise he didn't like and took off on me.


Mount Baker there, off in the distance.


The driftwood, the sand, the water... I could have relaxed here for a long time.


Now, here's what I meant about the light and the cloud cover being so interesting today. This picture? Is the same sailboat that's in my project 365 picture. This picture was just taken a bit earlier. I waited for him to sail along so I could get the other picture.

I guess this was an old pier. Something is definitely missing from it. The birds seem to appreciate it though.


An immature bald eagle taking off of the warning light tower. He was really very cooperative, just wish the light had been a bit different for this one.


Did I mention that I could spend a lot of time relaxing out here? Of course, it wasn't quite as warm as it might look but it was a crisp breeze and great day to be out walking.




Love the sound of the waves hitting the shore.


I am not sure what the pole is for. There are some other ones but they're further back. This one? out quite a bit further.


The bald eagle sitting there? Swear I didn't even notice him until I saw the picture on the laptop. I think the seagull looks like he's plotting something.


And finally, the beach, facing off towards Tsawwassen.

Just a great day to be out and about with a camera.

No comments: