Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Buddhist Temple

Today was a lovely day. Beautiful blue skies. Too nice to stay inside. A bit chilly but really, after 9 years in Fort McMurray? Not that chilly.

So today I decided to take a drive out to the Buddhist Temple about 20 minutes away. It's a beautiful place. The garden is lovely and the temple is amazing.

I spent some time, enjoying the smell of the incense as people came to worship. It was, honestly, a very peaceful experience.

I did have one small glitch. I asked a worker if I could take pictures. Now, he didn't speak English. And I don't speak Chinese. But I held up my camera and asked and he gestured around with his hand so I figured I was okay to take pictures outside but not in the Hall of Ancestors.

So, I did take a couple of pictures of the gracious statues in the main area before I came around the front and saw the "no photography or video" sign.

Aside from that one small glitch (and my cell phone going off when I thought I'd turned the ringer off, at least I was still outside for that) it was a lovely morning.
















No comments: