Sunday, May 18, 2008

A new camera lens to play with

So, based on a recommendation from the boards, I acquired a new lens this week. A Canon EF 50 f 1.8. A fixed distance lens which is very cool to play with.

As evidenced by the two shots below. I had to do manual focus (gasping in shock) to get them to work right but I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

The subject is obviously my son, napping blissfully, since he was the most convenient and stationary target. And, of course, he's unbearably cute sooooo...



I love the clarity of the lens, the quality of the picture and the way it focuses. Great fun to play with! And much less expensive than most lenses!

7 comments:

Candice said...

Your little guy is growing up so fast! A nice fast 50mm is such a great portrait lens, good choice. I can't wait to see more :)

katei371 said...

I love the pictures! It's always so neat to see what a great lens can do.

Jenn said...

Oooohhh.....I like!!!

Theresa T said...

Love the passed out photos (but the fingers are so cute too).

Have fun with the new lens.

Lorelei said...

He is... such a big boy already. It's amazing.

And the lens is awesome. Can't wait to play with it some more!

Jenn M said...

ooooo i'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

He's so cute!