Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spring is springing... again!

I'm not a fan of winter... which makes it all the more amusing... or ironic... that I live where I do. The frozen north. Ah well... it's not all bad. Just the winter wears me down. But it feels so good when spring starts to make its appearance.

So, back on April 17th, I posted about how spring was finally springing. And a mere 5 days later, this was the scene in my back yard.



Poor pitiful puppy! Once the snow (a foot and a half of it for the love of god!) melted, we finally got down to the serious business of spring. The river broke - something I wish I could get pictures of. Really, rather explosive! But finally we have some green on the trees...


The ice and snow are, for the most part, all gone and the ground is starting to green up.


And one of the locals when I pulled down a side road to turn around looked at me a bit suspiciously!


I'm so happy that winter is finally done!!!!!

3 comments:

katei371 said...

I love the road picture, it looks endless! I know how you feel about winter, I feel for you! Can't believe you're still getting snow, that's unreal!

Theresa T said...

Well you know my opinion about snow, so you have my sympathy.

The road photo looks great.

Jenn M said...

i love love love the puppy picture :)