Monday, December 31, 2007

A brand new year coming...

I can't believe that New Year's Eve has arrived and that tomorrow will be the start of 2008. And even more than that, I can't believe that we already have our sweet baby boy when I was all prepared to be a January mommy. The last 16 days have been amazing. Hard, no doubt about it, but amazing all the same.

Connor is doing great... a few fussy nights that left me feeling like I was at the end of my rope but, thankfully, Dave is off for a month and takes Connor in the morning for a bottle feeding and I get to sleep for a few hours at the minimum. I can't say enough about how good he's been to me. And my parents were equally fantastic for their week and a half visit. Mom did my laundry and kept my kitchen cleaned, Dad kept the driveway and deck shoveled and both would hold Connor at the drop of a hat. LOL We miss having them here!

One of Connor's favourite things is his swing. A friend of ours gave us the swing and I'm so amazed at how fantastic it is. He naps in it after feeding, allowing me to actually get some stuff done around the house! I do think, however, that as much as he loves his swing, he might be getting a bit tired of my camera!!!

He's so alert and he has those great big eyes. I can't wait to see what colour they end up being but apparently I have to wait for quite a while to find out!

I absolutely love just relaxing with him (even if I do hate how my neck looks in this picture! LOL)

As you can see, when our boy naps, he naps HARD! All limp and out like a light!


So, from our family to yours, Happy New Year everyone!!!

8 comments:

Carol-Ann said...

What a beautiful family!
All the best for 2008!!!

AND MORE BABY PICTURES!
woohoo
:P

Sondra said...

Awww. I'm so amazed at how alert babies can be so fresh out of the womb!

Connor is so cute. I love all of the hair.

Jenn said...

Great family pics!

Jenn M said...

He is so precious! Congratulations again!!! I love your new family photo!

Theresa T said...

He's beautiful. I love the different looks that he already seems to have for the camera ;)

Tatiana said...

Connor is precious. I swear my uterus tingle looking at these. I really should have that looked at ;)

Lorelei said...

Thanks everyone... and prairiegirl, I was totally cracking up at your comment. There's a mental image. LOL

vivi's mom said...

Awwe!! So cute!!