Friday, December 21, 2007

Life changing events...

On December 15th, we had an unexpected disruption to the everyday routines of our lives. My water broke and our baby decided to join us early!

Connor was born at 10:01 pm on December 15th at a healthy 8 pounds, 1 ounce. And that's three weeks early! I'm actually a bit happy he decided to come early! Any bigger and I might have passed out! As it was, at one point I cried out "I can't do this" as I tried to push the head out. Fortunately Dave was a rock and helped me keep my breathing steady and focus on the "fun" of pushing.

Still, it was all worth it, of course, since the end result was my sweet little son. I can't believe just how much my life changed in that one moment!

Welcome to the world, Connor. Mommy and Daddy are so happy to meet you!

6 comments:

Theresa T said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He looks so adorable. Congratulations and I'm glad that you're both doing well.

Sondra said...

OH MY GOSH! How cute is he??? Just about the best Christmas present ever huh?
I know 6 people who are pregnant right now! There's something in the water.
ps. love the name you chose.

Jenn said...

He's beautiful!!!!!
My most sincere congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your new son!
I, too, have a lot of pregnant friends right now....there is definitely something in the water :)

Jenn M said...

awe he's precious! congratulations!!

Callista said...

He is so handsome! I am all weepy from reading your post and seeing his cute little face! Merry Christmas!!

Lorelei said...

Thank you so much everyone! I have to admit, we're pretty mushy about him ourselves. beaming