Saturday, December 8, 2007

Honey, I can explain!

Yesterday, my internet did the big old crash and burn. I went to make a post and, presto, no joy.

Grrr...

But, today, I am back. And the picture has a story behind it.

One that I'm sure I will laugh about in the years to come.

Naw, who am I kidding, I'm laughing now.

So, today I go out to Earl's with some of the girls from work. While we're enjoying our food and chat, I get a call on my cell phone. Hubby's the only one who calls me on the phone so I answered with apologies to my friends.

Now, when I left with the girls to go and have lunch, hubby was working on the baby's room. Putting up wainscoating, which we would then paint and put up a chair rail. That's the plan and he was hoping to have it all done this weekend.

So why the phone call? Well, long story short, he wanted to let me know he had ripped out the one wall in the baby's room so I wouldn't be shocked when I got home.

Yes. You heard me right. No more drywall... just studs. Apparently there was a cold draft coming out of the electrical socket. And we needed to check this. I get that. But ripping out the wall? Save me.

So, tomorrow will be drywall day. The only problem? Errr... another problem... we have these textured walls throughout the house that you can't really paint so eventually he'll want to redo all the walls so the room looks right.

That's right. You guessed it. They're all coming down. He's gutting the whole kit and caboodle.

Save me.

2 comments:

Jenn M said...

OH WOW! HUGS!!! So much for getting the baby's room done soon. I don't really know anything about renovations but I'm pretty sure taking down 4 walls isn't moving in the right direction :S

On a positive note, the baby will be warm and not in a drafty room when it's done and I can't wait for the baby room's done post (and the new baby post!!)

Theresa T said...

So it's what, drywall, mudding, filling over nail holes, base coat the drywall and then you can paint?

Good luck with everything (and here's hoping that he doesn't decide to re-wire while the walls are down too).