Saturday, December 29, 2007

Nursery progress... full steam ahead...

Wow... I'm so behind!! Who knew that a baby could be so time consuming??

LOL Yes, yes, I'm joking.

Okay, so a few pictures. As those of you who have been following my blog know, Dave decided to rip out a wall to find out why the room destined to become the baby's nursery was so cold all the time. A problem that has been nicely rectified.

So now, repair work commences. Obviously we're (and by we, I mean, Dave) not finished but
I thought it would be kind of cool to post an update since there's drywall up, then primer, and now, tonight PAINT!! Woohoo!

So... to start, the picture of the wall all ripped up... This is what I came home to that night!


Next came the insulating and repairs! We'll make that room warm for our baby, dammit!


Dave got the drywall up, slowly but surely since work kept interfering. Curse that need to earn a paycheque!! Of course, progress was stalled when Peanut decided to make an early arrival on December 15th (see below... hehehe) and we had the most beautiful boy in the world, Connor! Suddenly the relatively minor inconvenience of the soon-to-be nursery being ripped up was a BIG inconvenience.

Still, we brought Connor home, my parents came to visit to meet their first grandbaby and to help out and Dave set to work on taping, mudding, then sanding!! And more sanding. More mud... more sanding... Ah well, you get the idea!


With the taping, mudding, and sanding complete, it was time to prime those newly finished walls!

And finally, our neutral colour for the walls. A nice ivory beige. Next up he'll be putting up the wainscoating - which will be getting painted a really nice green - and a chair rail that will be a nice jersey cream. I'll post more pictures as progress continues but we're closer to a finished nursery and less chaos here at the homestead!!


And tomorrow I think I'll give into temptation and post a few more pictures of my boy. Hehehehe... he's my favourite topic these days but don't worry, I'll post other pictures too. Maybe I'll be able to get out of the house to take some other pictures soon!

4 comments:

Carol-Ann said...

MORE CONNOR PICS! :p
haha I love the ones you posted on WB

Good to see that Connor won't be catching a cold from a draft in his new bedroom ;)

Sondra said...

Ditto...
We want Baby pictures!! :)

But I'm also a sucker for renovations. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Jenn said...

Post all the baby pics you wish!! :)
I LOVE them....

Jenn M said...

I can't wait to see more connor pics! And I'm happy to hear the renos are going well! I can't wait to see how they turn out!!!