Thursday, December 13, 2007

Festive Lights

I went outside a couple weeks ago and wrapped a few strings of lights around the railings to give the house a bit more festive sparkle. They're LED lights and I'm still torn on them. I like the energy savings and all that but a big part of me still prefers the twinkle of traditional lights. They're just brighter and warmer.

I keep hoping that now that they've made a warmer white LED light, they'll be able to make similar adjustments to the other colours.

Still, the fact that they're cool means that the snow that fell yesterday (all day!) piled up on the lights and didn't melt around them, giving me a cool effect for pictures tonight! The first one is probably my favourite, just because of how the snow pile is glowing but I also like the reflections of the colours in the second one!


5 comments:

Jenn M said...

the snow on the lights looks very cool! Love it. And I completely agree about LED lights.

Sondra said...

I agree! I love how the lights are buried.

And I too am not a fan of the led.

Carol-Ann said...

I love the glow!

The best lights were those old ones... they had like the really thick paint on the bulbs... they didn't put off much light but they would glow like you wouldn't believe.

(and they remind me of my great-grandpa. I guess that's why I like them so much!)

Janny A. said...

I agree!! Man, my parents had some on our house for so long, the paint peeled off of them!! LOL They took them off (FINALLY) a few years ago!

I have to agree with you though, still on the fence on LEDs... They honestly hurt my eyes when I am driving! :S

Oh, and slight side note, I am your 1000 visitor!!! WOOHOO!!!! lol

M.R. said...

that's so neat how the lights glow under the snow!