Thursday, December 6, 2007

Holy Hitchcock!

Okay, not the prettiest pictures because they were taken around a dumpster by a restaurant but still.

These are ravens. Not crows. No... crows, for all that they're called murders when they're in a group... just aren't as big as these guys. Somehow the word raven just suits them better. I swear, they're more than half the size of my cockapoo. And fear of humans isn't really in their lexicon. Oh, don't get me wrong, they'll fly away if you run at them but when they look at you, you just don't get the feeling they're especially scared of you.

Which is why, every time I see them, I think of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" and wonder...


1 comment:

Theresa T said...

The bottom guy looks like he's standing guard.

Better watch out (and I'm glad that you got out in one piece).