Monday, November 5, 2007

The cold comes flowing on in...




I went out for some pictures today because the weather was just so nice again. Cold but sunny and blue blue skies.

I went down by the river again since the weather was so much nicer and it's amazing the difference a day makes. Sunday, there was one section of the river that was iced over. The water doesn't move fast in that part... it's a short spur, almost. The water does move but not much. So, while that section of the river was iced over, the rest of the river was flowing free without any ice on it.

But today there were lots of little ice flows on the river. Amazing. I wish I could include the sound of the ice as it hits another flow and then grinds. Very cool day in more ways than one!!

1 comment:

Theresa T said...

Well that's a site that I just don't get to see out here in Victoria. From the way you've shot it, the ice looks HUGE!