Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wood, water, and snow


We were outside today, clearing the snow off the deck, the front stairs and the driveway. I got to do the front stairs and the deck while hubby did the driveway. I swept the snow away while he shoveled!

Anyway, I was looking at the wood of the big bench seat that surrounds the edge of our deck and just really liked the effect of the wood grain, the water drops, and the bits of snow. It wasn't really warm out but it was just enough so that we had the snow and the water drops. So, I went in and got my camera so I could take a picture of it.

I also like the knots in the wood and the way they took the stain more than the rest of the wood.

Now here's hoping we don't have any more snow for a couple of days. The white fluffy stuff gets heavy!!

No comments: