Thursday, November 8, 2007

Mmmmm... Snack Time!

I freely admit I got carried away today. I decided to have a pomegranate as a snack today - or some of it at least - and I simply had to photograph it. I know, not surprising. But there were a lot of pictures to sort through and pick the ones I thought turned out the best. I'm not completely happy with them. I was hoping for better lighting. Fortunately I have more pomegranates so I might have to give it another try on a nice sunny day!

So... here is my tempting snack at the beginning.

I used a knife to split open the skin but peeling a pomegranate really doesn't involve a lot of knife work. There's a lot of tearing and careful popping out of seeds. And, of course, nibbling as I go along!

I used both cameras today... the one above is the G9. The two shots below are done with the Rebel with the macro lens!



I love the way the cluster of seeds looks in this shot. The colour is very sharp to me and it makes me want to go and get some more.


The carnage that remains after I've robbed the fruit of all its tasty little seeds...


And with the work all done, my snack is ready. Mmmmmmm...

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

YUM! I love pomegranites! You did a great job on them. I especially love the macro shots! I'm so jealous of your macro lense. Which macro lense do you have?

Theresa T said...

I haven't had a pomegranite since Grade 7 (and that was, well, lets just say over 20 years ago) and now you have me craving one and all the stores are closed now!!!

Lorelei said...

Why thank you!

And I love my macro lens! It's a Canon Macro Lens EF 100mm 1:2.8.

It's pretty...

And the pomegranate was very tasty! I highly recommend picking one up!