Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Snowscapes

It was an interesting day for light up in the frozen north and since I had to drive hubby out to work, I took advantage of the day to snag a few pictures of the landscapes.

I don't like the cold but I do find the snow pretty and it lends itself well to pictures. And the lighting is always interesting in the winter.

The first picture just looked kind of desolate to me. Pretty in its own way but very much as though the world is asleep beneath the snow. The second picture was interesting to me because of the smoothness of the mounds and the blue tint of the shadows. And the last, well, I like how the snow sparkles in the sun. Even if that does mean it's really cold out!



7 comments:

Sondra said...

*jaw drops*
You have a lot of snow man! Grr we haven't really had any yet.

They look like sand dunes, yet snow.

M.R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M.R. said...

the middle one is sooo beautiful! great shots.

we have about that much snow too, but its -27 with the windchill so I haven't bothered to step outside after getting home from work.

(the deleted post was mine. I had so many spelling mistakes I just couldn't bear it) :)

Lorelei said...

I feel your pain! I can't leave the spelling mistakes alone either.

And thank you! I loved the middle shot too. And we do have a lot of snow. If you want some, sondra, I'm looking into shipping possibilities.

LOL

kimberina said...

That IS alot of snow! Wow... great shots..brrrrr

Jenn said...

I'd be willing to ship our snow to you too! We've been getting piles of it for the last week or so!
Anyway, I concur - your pics are gorgeous today!

Theresa T said...

I love the way the sun looks distorted in the first photo.